When looking for a new job and learning how to answer interview questions, the question “What do you know about our company?” is bound to come up. This is one of the most significant interview questions you’re going to be asked. And as is often the case, significant questions require learning the best interview answers possible. Thrivas, a leader among staffing agencies in Boca Raton FL, would like to help.
In the end, when recruiters ask you “What do you know about our organization?”, you’ll have an answer ready to go. That’s because you’ll have done your homework, which is arguably the most crucial facet to dealing with this inevitable question properly.
How To Answer Interview Questions
“What do you know about our company?” seems like one of the easier questions, compared to some of the other topics that are likely to come up during your interview. While it’s certainly true that this is probably not going to be the toughest question you’re going to come across, it’s still something that deserves to be taken seriously.
When it comes to interview questions and interview answers, nailing this relatively straightforward topic can be a tremendous confidence booster. It can make learning how to answer interview questions a considerably easier matter, when it comes to the tougher topics.
There are a few ways you can learn about the company you’re applying to:
- Visit the company website. One will almost certainly exist. This website can show you things like mission statements, staff members, programs, past, present, and future projects, and even press releases.
- Check out the search engines. Google and Bing can provide you with insight into whether or not articles have been written about the company, if articles have been written about specific employees, or if the company in question has been in the news as of late.
- Find out what people are saying on Indeed.
- Take a look at their LinkedIn profile.
- Examine all of their social media outlets. In this day and age, that can include Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Pinterest, Tumblr, and others.
Within all these possibilities, you’re going to find a wealth of things to bring up, when the question of “What do you know about company?” is mentioned.
As for specifics, it should go without saying that you want to emphasize the positive. You want to stay away from negative news stories, bad reviews for recent products/services, or anything you may have encountered from an unhappy (ex) employee.
And be certain to tie in your knowledge to why you have applied to the company in the first place.
Visit our Boca Raton Staffing Agency on Google+.