THRIVAS is a leader among temp agencies.
Our temporary jobs are an excellent opportunity to earn extra money, gain experience, enjoy flexible work options and find permanent employment.
Temp Job Myths
To many job seekers, the sound of temporary jobs is not very appealing. Temporary jobs used to be viewed as unskilled labor, tedious work or just a waste of time. Today, however, a temporary job is not what they used to be and they are now viewed as a valuable career tool.
- 2.01 million people are employed by staffing companies every business day.
- 8.6 million temporary and contract employees are hired by U.S. staffing firms over the course of a year.
- 79% of staffing employees work full time, virtually the same as the rest of the workforce.
Temporary employment through THRIVAS can also provide you with the opportunity to work when and where you would like. Working around school hours, taking summers off and just plain taking a break when you want are all reasons why a temporary job might be for you.
- 66% of staffing employees say flexible work time is important to them.
- 64% of staffing employees report that their work gives them the scheduling flexibility and the time for family that they desire.
- 67% of staffing employees say choice of assignments was an important factor in their job decision.
- 23% of staffing employees have little or no interest in a permanent job—they prefer the alternative arrangement over traditional employment.
- 33% of staffing employees say they work for a staffing company because they like the diversity and challenge of different jobs.
Bridge to Permanent Employment
Our temporary employees can try out a prospective employer and showcase their skills for a permanent job. Our clients often try out a temporary employee with the hopes that they will become permanent. The skills and experiences added to your resume will also make you more employable.
- 88% of staffing employees say that temporary or contract work made them more employable.
- 77% of staffing employees say it’s a good way to obtain a permanent job.
- 80% of staffing clients say staffing firms offer a good way to find people who can become permanent employees.
Temporary jobs are a great source of income. Our temporary placement services can help you financially. Whether your cash reserves are getting low, your unemployment is running out, your bills are stacking up or you need some extra money to go on your next vacation, THRIVAS can help.
* Numbers and statistics are provided by the American Staffing Association.