Searching for a job is never easy, and it is not anyone’s idea of a good time. However, some people seem to have a knack for it more so than others do. Have you ever wondered why your friend, relative or ex co-worker seems to have an easier time finding the perfect job than you do? It could be that he or she is harnessing these five little-known job search secrets provided by Thrivas, a leader among staffing agencies in Jacksonville Florida.
- Application Deadlines are Often Meaningless – Did you come across the perfect job post but the deadline has passed? Don’t give up! Deadlines are often arbitrary and chosen because the hiring manager was forced to “fill in the blank”. Fill out an application or contact the hiring manager anyway. It never hurts to see if the job is still available. The fact that the deadline has passed may even work in your favor.
- Employers Will Call Other References – While you may pick and choose the best references to put on your application, do know that most hiring managers will call other former employers or even educational references. It never hurts to prepare for this and see if you can get the best possible review if this may happen.
- There’s No Rule That Says You Can’t Apply for a Job You Don’t Qualify For – A firm will not be outraged if you apply for a job for which you don’t “technically” qualify. Take the time to explain WHY you would be a good candidate despite the lack of qualifications. You just may stand out from the crowd.
- A Machine Will Likely Read Your Resume – If you use an automated application system, the first person who reads your resume will likely not be a person at all. This means you should beef up your resume with keywords that will “impress” the robot—and make it more likely your resume makes it to a real person.
- Getting Referred to a Job is Much More Effective than Applying – Take advantage of your connections and see if you can get a direct referral. This will likely be much more successful than a standard application would be.
With these secrets on your side, now you can be one of those people that seem to excel at finding (and obtaining) the perfect job. So get started with your search today. Who knows, that position you have always dreamed of could be out there and waiting for you!
View more information from Thrivas Staffing Agency on our Google Plus page.